Welcome!

WELCOME!
This virtual space is a place where I can share all of the great projects and artists that have taken on "environment" as a theme in their work. As I do research for a project of mine called Uncovering Food & Health, Altar of Awareness, that looks at the food we eat and how that has impacted health, especially in minority communities, I am finding more and more that I want to share and remember here. My project draws from Dia de los Muertos, as a hope to speak to my own Latin community about health, food, and the environment.

See the link below for more information.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Maize







"MAIZE FIELD is a project to plant northeastern varieties of corn in areas of Brooklyn where Native Americans historically cultivated their corn fields." proposed by Christina Kelly!

http://www.discobikini.com/portfolio/maizenew.html

No comments:

Post a Comment